Listen up, chicken lovers. It’s National Fried Chicken Day!
We’ve gathered a list of the community’s top-rated fried chicken spots from different websites.
1. Il Primo Pizza and Wings – 2209 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 3399
2. Buffalo Wings and Rings – 11751 S Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33907
3. Wicked Wings – 61 Ave C, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
4. Buffalo Wings and Grill – 4125 Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33901
5. Hurricane Grill and Wings – 8017 Plaza Del Lago Dr, Estero, FL 33928
Fancy’s Southern Cafe – 8890 Salrose Ln, Unit 101, Fort Myers, FL 33912
The Pecking Order Fried Chicken and Catering – 2496 Palm Ridge Rd, Sanibel, Florida
Publix is also giving out samples of fried chicken from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Did you know? Scottish immigrants brought the deep-frying chicken tradition to the Southern United States. Over time, it became a staple. Spices and seasonings were added to make the flavor more rich. Traditionally the pieces are fried in lard, but they are also fried in different oils.