- Having everything picked out early will leave you feeling at ease.
- Helping them keep an organized backpack year-round will make it easier to find things.
- This is a great habit to teach your kids and it’s something you can do together. Take it a step further, plan out a whole week’s wardrobe.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, sleep is critical to prevent poor mental health, diabetes, and obesity. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine recommends:
#5 Healthy breakfast!
- Always start your day with a healthy breakfast! The United States Department of Agriculture states that a good breakfast is associated with better grades, school attendance, and improved memory.
- Make sure your kids participate in physical activity. The CDC, states that students who are physically active tend to have better classroom behavior.
For more information on sleeping patterns and your child check out these guidelines from the CDC. You can also to find out more information on health and academic achievement for your child’s head over to the USDA
Reporting by Val Simpson